Latest Update: 2nd Jan 2020
We have good news to share. iPhone battery promotion continues!
Now at RM199. And iPhone 8 series is only RM129. While stocks last only.
It is for iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, the price for battery replacement is at RM199. For iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, the price is RM129. Inclusive of labor charges.
This price is for a like-for-like exchange for the battery part and is subjected to eligibility according to the physical condition and functionality of the iPhone.
For example, a cracked screen will impair the replacement of the battery and will need to be resolved prior to the battery replacement. In some cases, there may be an extra cost associated with the repair.
A standard repair turn-around-time is minimum 1 working day, however, for certain models, more days needed because of battery constraints. We are not able to loan any iPhone for usage during the waiting period for iPhone that is out of warranty. Loan units for iPhone under warranty are subject to availability during repair time.
Please back up all of your data before heading to Switch Service Centre. Switch Service Centre will not be liable for any data lost.
This program is available at Switch Service Centres until while stocks last only. This program is only applicable to original iPhone which has not been serviced by unauthorised service centre. A service fees will be charged if we diagnosed your iPhone but can’t proceed to replace your battery for you. Please check with our service crew before proceed further.
What is the period of this battery replacement at RM199?
– Effective on 1st of January 2019, until further notice (while stock last).
How much is the price for this battery replacement?
– It will cost you RM199 (with SST) and labour, for a like-for-like battery replacement.
Which model of iPhone is entitled to this battery replacement at RM199?
– It is applicable to iPhone 6, 6 Plus, SE, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus. RM129 for 8 & 8 Plus ONLY.
Do I need to give you back my old battery?
– Yes. The replacement is on a like-for-like exchange basis, which means the old faulty battery will be returned to Apple for proper disposal.
Can I just buy a new battery from you and install myself?
– I’m sorry. We can’t just sell you the battery. iPhone battery is built-in and it is not recommended to be removed or installed by end-user. Our certified service technicians will ensure your iPhone is repaired properly using Apple-approved tools on an ESD-safe workbench.
Can I change it to a bigger / later battery?
– I’m sorry. The replacement is on a like-for-like exchange basis, and only the battery parts designed for the iPhone model will be used in the repair.
How long does it take to replace the battery?
– The examination and replacement take approximately within 1-2 working days depending on the issue reported. If another functional issue is detected, standard paid service will be offered with the standard repair turn-around- time: 5 to 7 working days. Not applicable to iPhone with the swollen battery issue. (**Note: Same day replacement is only applicable for appointments/ reservations made before 12PM*)
Can I place the order without leaving my iPhone with you, and you call me when the battery arrives?
– I’m sorry, you will need to leave your iPhone with our service centre. During the waiting period, our service technicians will assist to perform a full hardware diagnostics on your iPhone and notify you if there is any other trouble found. In some cases, your iPhone might be mailed-in to Apple Repair Centre upon confirmation of the repair.
Does the replacement battery come with any warranty?
– Yes. The replacement battery will come with a 90-days Apple Limited Warranty.
I bought my iPhone overseas. Can I get my battery replaced here?
– The service might be restricted to the original country of purchase. In order to know the eligibility and part availability, kindly visit our service centres for confirmation.
Do you provide a loan phone while I leave my iPhone in your service centre for the replacement?
– I’m sorry. Loan phones are not available for out-of-warranty service.
What do I need to do before sending my iPhone in for the replacement?
– A factory reset will be done upon receiving your iPhone at our service centre. Please perform a full backup of your data before surrendering your iPhone to us. If you have “Find My iPhone” enabled on your iPhone, please remove it. Further information, please refer to: https://support.apple.com/en-us/ HT201557#bring
What else do I need to take note when sending my iPhone in for the replacement?
– A protective film such as tempered glass or sticker will be removed prior to the repair, and it is not covered under this repair program. The replacement is subject to the physical condition and functionality of your iPhone. For example, if your iPhone has a cracked screen or another hardware issue, there may be an extra cost associated with the repair.
Do I need to make appointment or i can just walk into the service centres for the battery replacement?
– Yes, please make an appointment online to avoid long waiting time. Further information, kindly refer to https://switch.com.my/service-center/
Can I change my iPhone 5s (or earlier) battery too?
– I’m sorry, the battery replacement is applicable for selected iPhone models, which are iPhone SE, iPhone 6 and later only. If you require service for your iPhone 5S (or earlier), kindly visit our service centres for more info.
Can I change my iPad or iPod battery for RM199?
– I’m sorry. This battery replacement is only applicable to selected iPhone models only. If you require service for your iPad or iPod, kindly visit our service centres for more info.
I have repaired my iPhone earlier at a third party shop. Can I still replace my battery at RM199?
– As the replacement is on a like-for-like exchange basis, service will only be provided to iPhone with original parts and battery. From April onwards, if your battery is not original, you can still get a replacement, however, the price is different. Please see this link under “stock” price https://switch.com.my/service-price-list/